Saturday, April 19, 2008

My eyes are back! The surgery was a little more involved than I initially thought. It was one of the most miserable experiences I have ever had! I sat in my bedroom in the dark with my eyes closed for three days. But all is well. I will have my full vision back by week five, but can see better right now that I could with my glasses.
Tyge and Tade did fabulous at their piano recital. They were both very nervous but handle everything really well.
We are in the process of potty training. It sucks! Trex will go the bathroom just fine if we remember to take him every half hour or so. But....he will not ask to go!? So if we don't catch it before it happens it ends up in his underwear. Talk about gross!!! We are on day eight and no progress. I through the diapers out so he doesn't have a choice. Our garbage can smells a lot better too.
This week was Spring Break. Alisa came over a couple of days and helped me Spring clean. I was feeling very overwhelmed. It took me three and half hours to clean out kitchen cabinets. I told Aaron maybe we should downsize :)
After being home all week with the boys, I am trying not to go into panic mode in anticipation of Summer break. Tyge is getting old enough that he isn't quite as excited about visits to the park and such for entertainment. I don't know what we are going to do that is going to make everyone happy..let alone fill the free time. Save me!!
Tyge has his first karate SWAT team competition next Saturday. We need to be there by 7:30 am. Both he and Trey want to try some individual competition meets. I think we may enroll them in a couple of gymnastic class this summer to help with the tumbling requirements that they are going to need. I have also tossed around the idea of putting Tade in to some dance classes. We need to rent some tapes of Fred Astaire and show him how cool it is.
We are hanging in there!

1 comment:

Sam said...

Mesha I a so glad that you got your eye surgery. You are going to love your new vision.